When restoring data from the same or similar model phone, you may be able to simply back up your data to your old phone’s SD card, then simply swap the SD card to your new phone and run the restore feature. See the Backup & Restore Documentation page for details.
Some Android phones will reference the “external storage” differently. Originally this was the way it referenced the SD card, but these days it’s hard to tell programmatically exactly where the data is being stored. Your new phone may simply be referencing the SD card differently, or it could be using built in storage as it’s “external storage”. If you run into a problem getting data from your old phone to your new phone by simply swapping the SD card, we recommend following these steps to restore your data to your new phone:
1. Back up your data on your old phone.
2. Connect your old phone to your computer and mount it as a drive (you may need to consult your phone’s user manual for exactly how to do this on your phone).
3. Find the backup file named Masterkey.Backup.csv in the masterkey folder. Sometimes this may be located in the root directory, sometimes you’ll find it under a folder named “sdcard” or something like that.
4. Copy the backup file from your old phone to your computer.
5. On your new phone, open Masterkey and create an empty backup file. We’ll use this as a placeholder to figure out where your new phone is storing the file.
6. Connect your new phone to your computer and mount it as a drive (again, see your phone’s user manual for details if needed).
7. Browse the contents of your new phone looking for the “Masterkey” directory containing the “Masterkey.Backup.csv” file that we just created in step 5.
8. Copy the old backup file that we copied to the PC in step 4 into this folder, replacing the empty backup file we created in step 5 and found in step 7.
9. Disconnect your new phone from your computer.
10. Open Masterkey on the new phone and run the restore operation. This should guarantee that your data was copied successfully from your old phone to your new phone.